LtL Activities and Resources
As part of the Lift the Lid project several resources were developed to help more Island schools and young people achieve their Arts Award. These are focused on Explore level.
Arts Award is a series of national arts qualifications that can fit around a wide range of arts, cultural and heritage activities and projects. Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it’s creative, valuable and accessible. There are several different levels of Arts Award; from Discover and Explore, to Bronze, Silver and Gold level. More general information on Arts Award can be found at: www.artsaward.org.uk
This portfolio template was created as part of the Lift the Lid project, but can be used to support Arts Award Explore at any time.
Activities by Venue
Click on the links below to view and download inspirational activities and resources connected to each of the partner venues. The creative activities support Arts Award but can be used for both art and history lessons, and can inspire creative writing.
- Brading Roman Villa – Mosaics, Exquisite Corpse and Modern Grotesques
- Classic Boat Museum – Industrial Design, Collapsable Boats and Dazzle Painting
- Newport Roman Villa – Artefact Illustration and Fresco Murals
- Shipwreck Centre and Maritime Museum – Myths, Mermen and Make Believe, and Found Objects and Collections
- Quay Arts – Sue Paraskeva’s Sunburst
- Ventnor Exchange – Phlegm’s Ventnor Giant
All activity sheets produced for the Lift the Lid project are provided to inspire creative activity. Some venue details may be out of date, so please check with venues.
Thanks to Hannah George and Ian Whitmore for developing these resources.