Resources and Projects
The Isle of Wight Cultural Education Partnership leads or participates in various projects across the Island that create a wealth of learning resources available for supporting cross-curriculum teaching for primary, secondary and SEND education environments.
Current Projects and Resources
- Museums and Schools – enhancing the links between local schools and museums. Supported by Arts Council England, funded through the Department for Education.
- Artsmark Support and Arts Award – in a curriculum increasingly squeezed of its creativity valuable tools, including Artsmark and Arts Award, provide support to teachers working to champion the vital role of the arts, heritage and culture in children and young people’s lives.
Past Projects and Resources
- Creative Biosphere – inspiring creativity within young people through the Island’s UNESCO Biosphere Status. Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England and The Isle of Wight Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (IWAONB).
- Lift the Lid on Island Culture – reigniting a sense of pride and passion in cultural heritage on the Isle of Wight from 2018-2020. Supported by Arts Council England, Artswork Ltd, IWAONB, IW Council and the Mike Howley Trust. All artwork connected with this project can be viewed at Lift the Lid Artists Notebooks.
- Isle of Wight Hidden Heroes – audience-engagement programme launched in 2018. Funded by Arts Council England through the Museum Resilience Fund.